I'm answering the Random Dozen questions today. Linda offers up 12 questions every week and it is fun to play because the questions are, well, so random.
To participate in Random Dozen visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee here.
1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
I am very fortunate that I don't get sick very often and I haven't been really sick for a long time, but if I'm not feeling well I mostly just want to be left alone.
2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
Since my kids are all grown with kids of their own, I mostly just wish that my work was cancelled too so I could go play with my grandkids.
3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
I am not very domestic at all these days. I used to be, but my domesticity kind of left when my kids grew up. I wish I had more desire to cook. I am a good cook when I do it, but I don't cook very often.
4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?
No, and those of you that know me know the reason why.
5. What song is on your mind today?
"Take This Job and Shove It". That sounds pretty harsh, huh? I don't hate my job at all, but I get tired of being tied down to it.
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
I always intend to watch or go to movies but don't do either one very often. I guess I prefer contemporary because I prefer to go out if I am going to see a movie. I alway find other (undomestic) things to do if I try to watch a movie at home. I don't sit down and sit still very well.
7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.
Not well at all. If I have any kind of conflict going on, that conflict needs to be resolved before I can focus well on anything else.
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)
We both found a lot of humor in the situation in which we met.
9. When was the last time your heart raced?
When we thought our dog was lost.
10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
I bet a lot of people answer this in a similar way.......I remember wondering who I would or would not get a Valentine from.
11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
Dark chocolate truffles.
12. Red or pink?
Red, unless it has to do with my granddaughters, then it is pink all the way.