Sunday, April 17, 2011

It Could Have Been An Easter Bunny




A couple of evenings ago when I was taking our dog, Dodger, for a walk I noticed an Easter egg laying in our front yard. I didn't think much about it, just thinking I would pick it up when I came back home. As we walked down the street I noticed that nearly every yard on the block had an Easter egg laying in the grass.

It was just dusk, with the moon coming up in the evening sky and I let my fanciful side go a little awry. I imagined that one of the little bunnies that live around our neighborhood (and make Dodger go crazy when we run into one on a walk) had been hopping from yard to yard with a basket of eggs spreading a little Easter cheer. Dodger, being the more practical one, just thought it was fun to have something new to sniff at as we walked.

When we got back home and I picked up the egg from our yard I found out that it was an advertisement for an Easter service at a church in the area. Pretty clever as an advertising idea, but not near as fun as a visit from the Easter bunny.

18 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea. It must have added a bit of colorful fun and excitement to the neighborhood and I'll bet they'll have a bumper attendance at the Easter service. Very clever congregation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a very clever "marketing" technique announcing the service! I would have been like you, curious about them all!! Too cute with Dodger too with those bunnies he encounters on your walks. I think those bunnies are so very smart that they know how close they can be to a dog before they scamper off, leaving the dog wanting to go after them, and oftentimes can't because of their leash.

    hope you had a great weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advertising scheme but what a let down...I was hoping it was filled with chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice bit of whimsey for woman and beast!




    Warm Aloha from Honolulu


    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great marketing idea! I'll be Dodger loved sniffing the eggs. How did you get the picture of the bunny with the three eggs? Tootsie also likes to chase after them...when she can get away from me!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. People are so creative in marketing. My husband told me that we've become so politically correct that now companies aren't calling them Easter Eggs, but sugar spheres. How sad is that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea. I read your post and talked to hubby about us getting some plastic eggs and putting Happy Easter note inside to leave on our neighbors lawns. Sounds like you have a nice neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it was a cute idea as well. WOuld get my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that (o:
    I think I will put some in eggs and leave them on people's front lawn. It is all older people...so I hope no one would be to grouchy about it (o:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! That is indeed clever. But I'm with you: Would have been so much better from the Easter Bunny. Fun to imagine, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever in deed...Izzy loves chasing bunnies too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea on their part but I like yours better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea! Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderfully unique idea!!!

    I just may swipe it for a Kid's Church project next year!!!

    God bless ya sweetie! :o)

    (I have a bunny who comes on our carport almost every mornin' to swipe a piece of Tiger the Wonder Dog's kibbles!) I can see it from the breakfast table.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is very cute, Jeanie! I thought maybe the bunny actually had visited your neighborhood a bit early! (PS Happy Anniversary to your daughter and husband, too.)

    ReplyDelete