Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Oops, I Didn't Do It.....Again



I'm going to a wedding in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico in a couple of weeks. About three months ago I did what I always do when I have  an event coming up. I decided I wanted  to lose 10 lbs before the event. I will be there for 4 days and there will be lots of activities involving beaches and pools and bathing suits (yikes), in addition to the actual wedding. There will also be a lot of food and drink. A little weight loss over a few months seemed like an excellent and achieveable plan.

What is it with those few pounds? A couple of them have come and gone and come again over the last few months, but none of them have left for good. It is now only 2 weeks until I leave and here I am with 10 lbs, (okay, I'll be a lttle realistic,) 5 lbs still to lose. I might be able to lose them, but I'll probably gain them back with the first pina colada I drink.

I have another trip planned, back to Mexico, in January. Wow, that is three whole months away. I'm sure I can lose 10 lbs in three months......

3 comments:

  1. Yeah. Good luck with that. I´m sorry for being negative, but if you´re anything like me....no comment! :)
    No seriously, I hope you can do it! It for sure is a worthy cause!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, oh why do we set ourselves up like this. If the weight isn't a health issue...no worries! Go have fun at the event girl!

    If you do have health issues(this is something I had to learn the hard way) change your eating and exercise style to take care of the issue. Then it becomes a lifestyle and not a diet, 'cause any of us who have lived anytime on the great planet Earth knows diets do not work! I wish you success and have a great time at the wedding!

    God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The main thing that will make you feel good about your weight in MX (on the 2nd trip) is that I will be with you. And I am getting chubby in Brazil. Plus, we won't have our young beautiful slim daughters walking along the beach with us. PB

    ReplyDelete