Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Yada Yada Is Part Of What Makes It Special


I had decided not to do a post about our Easter day, thinking it would be just the same as last year's Easter post and the year before and the year before.....brunch, an egg hunt, confetti eggs, family pictures, yada, yada. I changed my mind. It occurred to me that the yada yada, that is, the family traditions, are a big part of what make a family get-together so special. As my grandkids get older the activities and traditions are bound to change, just as some are bound to stay the same and I want to remember each of them for the special occasions that they are.

So, here for another year is the yada yada.

A pre-brunch piano seranade from the little girls.

 A delicious brunch and lots of help with the cooking.

The kids table with everyone rushing through their meal so they can get to the fun stuff.

Hunting for Easter eggs.



Jared, who is 11, opted to help the little kids find eggs instead of hunting for eggs himself this year.

Beck was, at first, not quite sure what to think about the egg hunting activity.

It didn't take him long to decide to get in on the action.

Next came the kid's favorite, the confetti eggs. It seems to be great fun to get a chance to pummel your brother, sister, cousin, mom, dad, or even grandmom with a colored egg shell filled with confetti. 






I failed to get a picture but the kids did a great job, with rakes and bags, of cleaning up the remnants of six dozen confetti eggs.



Never perfect, but always fun....a picture of all my grandkids.

This year we even got a picture of all of my kids and their families together.


Yes, it is the same ol' yada yada, and I hope it stays that way for lots of years to come

22 comments:

  1. I'm glad you shared your Yada Yada Easter with us, Jeanie! I loved all the pictures; you have a beautiful family! I like the idea of the confetti eggs, how cute and clever!

    You are making traditions year by year that the grands will carry with them as they grow up (not rushing them, LOL) and share with their families. I think kids like those traditions, those routines of the holidays. I bet they all look forward to it and talk about it for a time afterwards!

    So glad too the weather cooperated; looked like it was a great day for an Easter egg hunt!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone looks so happy and Eastery. I loved the photos. Family times are a treasure. The kids grow way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the yadda yadda is what we remember...great photos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is more than good to have a little window into someone's same old yada yada. That is what I love about the blogs I follow. You each have a way of letting us share the fun of your families.

    For those of us who have lost those families, it's a gift far more precious than you know. BEAUTIFUL family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got lots of help from your family and that made it wonderful. I love your Easter traditions. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a marvelous clan ya have there sweetie. I love the fact that Jared donned those bunny ears and helped the little ones. What a guy!!!

    Precious pictures sweetie! Thanks for sharin' 'em.

    God bless ya and have yourself a magnificent weekend sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree...
    it is somewhat the same... but the kids are bigger (o: I love seeing your fun day. This year the grass is somewhat green. Last year it was so brown. Everyone in your pics are so bright and shinny and dressed for Easter. The girls came to my house.... rather grubby... I posted them anyway! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sweet! Looks like you had a lovely day! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Even if it seems the same, it's new to me. I love that last pic of everyone. Looks like EJ is being tickled or something. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your beautiful family and Easter fun with us. It looks like a great time. We didn't do an egg hunt this year. We only had the babies here and they are too young yet to understand and on top of that it was raining.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeanie, Your Family is beautiful, and your traditions are what good memories are made of. Keep enjoying them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you posted on the yada yada...how much fun and your grandchildren are absolutely gorgeous!
    You are blessed and thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the yada yada is part of what makes it special. Yada yada is how tradition is born.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it is so wonderful how some families get everyone together for the Easter Egg Hunt. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You sharing your yada yada's make you you. So you have to share your life with us. I loved to see your family and your Easter. I get to know you better with those pictures and all your new people have never seen them. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always felt that the yada yada part is the best part! And I think you are so lucky to have so many grandkids, and all there at the same time! I was afraid my two grandsons, 6 and 9, would think all the yada yada was too babyish for them now that they're so 'grown up', but their wanting us to take turns hiding the plastic eggs over and over and over again said otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think family traditions are the best. I really missed our traditional Easter this year, but due a lot of different circumstances this year, I was by myself all day. Very different.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to know more about the confetti eggs. Is there another post where you describe how to make them?

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Yada Yada of life :-)))) I love that.

    And I love seeing your happy family. The kids are as gorgeous as ever and getting so big!

    Thanks,
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete