Thursday, June 10, 2010

Life is Good Award




TechnoBabe at TechnoBabe's Adventures has shared a very nice award with me. What could be better than a "Life Is Good" Award. Technobabe is a wonderful and eclectic blogger and well worth a visit.



1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?

I started blogging to help me pay more attention to my own life and the "Life Is Good" moments. I didn't feel the need to be anonymous and I guess I still don't.



2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

I guess I'm not very stubborn because I can't thing of anything recently that has caused me to really dig my heels in. I think my stubborn side may have mellowed with age.

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the face in the mirror?

I see and "11" between my eyes and a face that belies how I feel inside.


4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?

My first choice would be an ice cold Coca Cola, but usually I settle for iced tea or water. Well, then there is a margarita or daquiri that I probably wouldn't turn down..


5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Apart from work my time is pretty much my own, mostly devoted to family, friends, books and blogs....and a minor computor Mah Jong addiction. I wish I had a passion for art or gardening, but I don't.


6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

I would love to someday be able to do the splits, but it is more likely that I would find a way to achieve world peace than be able to do the splits. Mostly I just want to be known and remembered well by those I love.


7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the class shy person, or always ditching school? Describe who you were if not one of these.

I was pretty middle-of-the-road related to all the above, except I didn't ditch school much. I'm not sure that I even knew who I was when I was in school. I think I did, and unfortunately sometimes still do, try to adapt myself to the situation in which I find myself.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what do you see?

Births and deaths.


9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

I think I can write most honestly and knowledgeably about myself and don't find it hard to be truthful, especially about humorous things. I do like writing about my family also.


10. If you had the choice to sit and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

I would always choose to read a book. I talk on the phone too much at work.

I'm supposed to pass this award to six others with 10 questions that I want to ask them. I would like to reserve the right to do this at a later time since I know some prefer not to participate in awards.

Thanks again to TechnoBabe.

15 comments:

  1. Nice to get to know you better. Yep i quit doing awards and stuff. But I am glad you got one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanie, when did I miss the awesome redo around here? It looks incredible!!
    And I think the days of you or me being able to do a split without needing emergency treatment are far behind us:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Interesting. Being introspective and looking at yourself and your progress in life, is sometimes difficult. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post. Congratulations on your award!
    I think I started my blog for the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the award! loved your comment about the splits; being remembered by our loved ones would be very good indeed I do believe

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeanie, You did a great job with your answers, hope you enjoyed answering them. I can picture you doing the splits with a cold coca cola playing Mah Jong on the computer with the other hand!! Multi tasking. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't give up on the splits! Everyone needs a goal to work towards:) That was a great way to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your funny answers. :) "I see an 11 between my eyes".......yeah it´s a 1 with me,but I´m getting there. :) I love an ice cold coke as well. Just had some for lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the split answer. I couldn't do splits as a child. I'd love to be able to do one just once.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the split answer! Very funny! I was always amazed at those who could do the splits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed reading your answers.

    I would choose a book over the phone every time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep up with the margaritas and there's always hope for the splits... or at least less painful practise!!

    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I enjoyed getting to know some of the more obscure things about you.

    ReplyDelete