Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Random Thoughts Tuesday




My thoughts, if I actually have any on this Tuesday before Christmas, are definately random so when I saw this meme at  OhMy Goddess I thought it was perfect for me today.

How many of you wrote your Christmas wish list on your blog? Have you had any comments from Santa?


I'm not as ready for Christmas as I would like to be, but I'm not very stressed about it. I have 30-35 people coming to my house on Christmas Eve and I think I have everything planned for that. I only need to prepare ham, turkey, brisket, cheeses, dips, and various other hors d'oeuvres (yes, I did have to look up how to spell that) and I think everything will be fine. My daughters (thank you Jill and Joanna) are doing all the baking, so there will be lots and lots of yummy desserts.

We have about 8 inches of snow predicted, starting tonight and continuing through Christmas Eve, so we will have a White Christmas.

Our stores seem to have a shortage of Mint Chocolate M & Ms.

I thought this was my 100th post since I started blogging in January of this year, but it turns out that
 it's my 101st. or maybe my 99th, it depends where I look for that number.  Despite my computer skills being somewhat lacking and the frustrations that comes with that lack, I have enjoyed every minute of it. It has definately helped me fulfill my original goal of, as my title says, Living Consciously. The surprise serendipity has been all the wonderful blogs and bloggers I have gotten to know. Thank you to all of you for the friendship and support you have given to me.  

I wish a very Merry Christmas to all of you.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my - you're feeding an army! Stressful - but I hope, joyful too!

    Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you can feed the masses without the stress. Try as I may my type-A just won't allow that. I broke out in shingles on the was to Texas after our big Thanksgiving. 'Can't help it, it just seems to be out of my control.

    I have been bloggin' since February. I knew it would be therapeutic but the surprise that came was all the online bonds I would form. The connections I would feel toward my blogsisters was an unexpected blessing.

    Congratulation on your 100th,101 or 99th blog. You and your clan have a great time together celebrating the season. May God bless ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Have the Happiest, OK? And don't stress...if you don't get everything just right, there's always next year, correctamundo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only need to prepare ham, turkey, brisket, cheeses, dips, and various other hors d'oeuvres (yes, I did have to look up how to spell that) and I think everything will be fine.

    ONLY???

    ONLY???

    ONLY???

    Are you insane? We ordered our turkeys and ham through Publix ready to go. My guests are all contributing dishes and the only food I have to make is: Cauliflower Goat Cheese Gratin and Emeril Lagasse's Kicked up Spinach and Artichoke Dip. I'm also throwing together some Pomegranate Champagne Punch and 4-Juice Holiday Punch, but other than that it's mostly pouring things into bowls. I'm STILL stressed!!!! How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you say they make Mint Chocolate M & Ms???? How in the world did I miss those!!!! YUM.

    It sounds like you have A LOT of cooking ahead of you but it will be an amazing Christmas Eve dinner.

    Congrats on your 99th, 100th and 101st post. It's been a pleasure getting to know you this year.

    Have a GREAT Christmas and ENJOY!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to come back to ask this question... where do you put 35 people in one house? I had 17 and they were jammed in like sardines. You must live in a palace! So... where are the pictures?

    ReplyDelete