- The splits-not a lot of call for this in everyday life, but it would sure be nice to still have that kind of flexibility.
- Roller skate-I could, I'm sure, still roller skate, but I had the opportunity a couple of weeks ago and chose not to, mostly because I've broken my tail bone three times and that is the way I always seem to fall, and I would surely fall.
- Drive over the speed limit-without feeling guilty.
- Hand stands and cartwheels-again not much call for these, but still fun things to do.
- Ski the blacks-I guess I could still do this, but I refer back to the broken tail bone thing above. I'll stick to the greens and blues...with lots of breaks for a hot toddy.
- Leap tall buildings in a single bound-okay, I could never actually do this, but it would be nice to have the confidence of youth that makes us feel like we could.
- Stay up all night-or at least get by on only six hours or so. I am pretty fond of a good eight hours.
- Water ski-I actually could and would still do this, but no one with a boat and all the equipment has made me an offer for a while.
- Drink coffee after 2 p.m.-don't want to threaten that good eight hours.
They say life is about trade offs, and back when I could do the splits and ski the blacks, I didn't have any grandchildren, so there you go.