Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Fragments/Freewheeling Friday

Another busy week has brought me to a Freewheeling Friday catch-up post, so I am linking to Mrs. 4444's Friday Fragments where lots of folks go to empty their heads at the end of the week.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My grandson, Justin,  turned 8 this week, celebrating with a family party on Sunday and a Rockies game on Monday.

Kids of all ages had fun with water balloons at the family party. I loved watching the older kids help the younger ones learn the art of tossing a water balloon. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I probably won't win the grandmom-of the-year award for these pictures, but Beck loved this Starbucks cup and played with it for a very long time. I promise it was empty.

And it made him very happy.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's something I won't be giving to my grandchildren......a breast feeding baby doll.....designed to teach little girls to breast feed. The little girl wears a halter top that has a sensor in it that causes the doll to suck when she puts it up to her chest. I think not.

Image from Google Images

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our weather has been so changeable and crazy lately that even Dodger has had to put a toe out to check if he is going to be hit with stifling heat or heavy rain before he goes outside. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My 9 year old granddaughter, Hope,  had opening night of her summer play Hans Christen Anderson last night. She has worked very hard to perfect a wicked laugh for the Sea Witch character that she plays in one scene. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you made it this far thanks for sticking with me through this long, mostly family, catch-up post. 

15 comments:

  1. These photos are great! I love the one of your dog half in and half out of the door. Your grandkids are so cute - the baby with the Starbucks is precious. It is funny what kids love to play with.
    I am pretty stunned by the breast-feeding baby doll! I don't know what to think of that. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have bought it for my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen breast-feeding dolls before. I'm totally fine with breast-feeding, but I don't think my daughter needs one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your photos but Beck sucking on the Starbucks cup is a hoot. Your granddaughter is beautiful. What a proud moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A doll that teaches breast feeding???!!! I´m speechless! What will they think of next!? I wouldn´t get one either and I sure hope they do not catch on.
    Love the photo of Beck. He´s just the cutest baby I´ve ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a pair of granddaughters who might like the breastfeeding baby doll. They are 11. No way would Grandma buy such a thing for them. They'll figure it out when the time comes. Hopefully not soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing your grandkids! And I hate the idea of young girls having a breast feeding doll! It's right up there with the padded bra for grade school girls that was in the news a few months back ....just bad ideas no matter how you slice it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to see that so many in agreement regarding the breast feeding dolls. Little girls do not have to practice that part of being a mother!

    Love the picture of Dodger! And, Beck is as cute as a bug!

    Hope your temps are cooling down. We might see a difference by next week!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone looks well and happy!

    That nursing baby doll?! Yikes.

    PS
    I thought I followed you a long time ago, but something must have happened, so now it's official!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beck is priceless!! So cute!! All of the pictures are adorable.
    Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the doggie looking out!



    Aloha from Waikiki;


    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't blame Dodger for poking one foot out to check the weather. Very cute. If he were here there would be no reason to check as everyday for the last 30 days has been exactly the same...HOT and dry.

    Breast feeding doll, really? I'm with you and I don't think it's necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. nursing baby....that's nuts...
    little britches loves to play with cups..water bottles etc...keeps him better entertained than his toys...

    ReplyDelete
  13. A breast feeding doll! That is taking realism a tad too far! Even the ones that actually wet thier nappy are too much!
    Time enough for all that when they are grown up... and what happened to sexism? Bet no little boy is going to want to play with that doll!
    And I am totally pro breast feeding too... but not for a freakin doll or little girl.

    Your grandchildren are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pics!! You have a gorgeous family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what fun - water balloons and birthdays!

    ReplyDelete