Friday, January 23, 2009

Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old~Mary Waldrip

Dear Jared, Hope, Justin, Wil, Ellis and Anna,



I love being a grandmother (or in my case a Grandmom) and I have the six of you to thank for that. I guess I have your parents to thank too, and I do thank them, most especially for being the wonderful parents they are to all of you.

I'm a lucky Grandmom....I got to hold each of you on the day your were born, and I got to see all of you today. Today I got to watch Jared and Justin play basketball with their teams and I got to watch Ellis smile and clap with the crowd. I got to watch Justin looking out for Wil and telling him all about how basketball works. I got to told hold Anna and see her sweet smile and marvel at how fast she is growing. I got to watch Hope and Wil tenderly take care of a baby doll and "pretend to be grown-ups ." I got to watch Jared looking out for Wil and tossing a basketball to him, making sure he could catch it. And maybe best of all, I got to hear Wil tell me I'm not old because I know how to buckle his car seat. I am a lucky Grandmom.

Thanks for all of the good times I've had with each of you and for the good times I have to look forward to. I'm a lucky Grandmom.

No comments:

Post a Comment