Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blogging is turning out to be harder than it seemed like it would be. Well, not actually the blogging part, but all the stuff that goes with it. I got through getting the blog account set up with only a few glitches along the way, but now it turns out there is more I need to figure out. It appears that the best bloggers out there have all these cute backgrounds that add personality to their blogs. I'm all for having a personable blog, but I can't quite figure out how to get the backgrounds from where they keep them to, well, back there behind all these words. Even if I can figure that part out (and I will) how do you choose which background to use. It seems like a lot of them have holiday themes, all very cute. The next big holiday is Valentine's Day ( Martin Luther King Day is tomorrow, but I didn't find much on that theme)but the Valentine theme just feels like one I should avoid, for obvious reasons. Or maybe I should choose it as a permanent decor. Most of the other ones just seem a bit too "fluffy" for me. Anyway, see how hard it is.

Next comes pictures. All the good blogs seem to have lots of pictures, and I like pictures a lot and I have a lot of pictures. But again, I just don't know how to get them from there to here. I will get that figured out also, with some outside help, but then comes the question of which pictures to post. Logic says they should have something to do with what I am writing about, but someday I'll have that cute background, and I want them to look good with that too, don't I?

Then there's the spelling thing. I am actually a pretty good speller, but I might like to double check myself sometimes. I know spellcheck is somewhere, I just can't find it.

I'm pretty sure I'm making it harder than it needs to be, but maybe not, since the font just changed on me and I have no idea why or how to change it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment