Friday, January 20, 2012

I Haven't Been A Very Good Stage Grandmom Lately


I confessed about a year ago to being a stage grandmom. My oldest granddaughter, Hope, who is 9, has been participating in a theater group since she was 6 or so and as a frustrated performer myself I love seeing her perform. Since she played Annie in the musical Annie in February and March last year I haven't done a very good job of reporting about her performances here as any good stage grandmom should.

At Christmas she played an elf  and The Queen of Hearts in Babes in Toyland. 
Her cousin Averi was also in the play and their 
great-grandmother Molly got to come from Omaha to see them both perform.

Last summer she played a Sea Witch in Hans Christian Anderson.

Photos from Peanutbutterplayers.com 

She also played a maid in Hans Christian Anderson.

She is currently in rehearsal for Once Upon A Rainbow
She will be playing "the obnoxious sister."
Her director promised her that it wasn't type casting. 

I don't know how long Hope will want to keep doing this but for now she loves it. It is a great outlet for her exuberant personality and I am having lots of fun playing the part of the stage grandmom.

20 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and your granddaughter - so much fun - I hope she stays in it and likes it. Looks so interesting. Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job for Grandmas, I say! Your granddaughter will always remember that you were there, cheering her on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A starlet! She looks so proud and happy. Wonderful that she has such a supportive family - and a stage grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what grandmas are for! And Marie is so right--kids never forget having grandparents cheering them on or spending time with them. Not ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She must be VERY talented to keep getting cast in all these productions. Go ahead and enjoy it all Stage Grandma - Grandma's make the best Cheerleaders and encouragers!! Great photos of a very pretty granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, she has been in a lot of productions! Wonderful. She must have a talent for acting. She is also very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, she has been in a lot of productions! Wonderful. She must have a talent for acting. She is also very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great experience for her! I love seeing my kids perform too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful! My children were just the opposite. I wish they could have had your granddaughter's confidence and exuberance. This all sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must be so proud of her. And her parents too! She looks so happy and it´s great that she has such a creative outlet for her talents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my office colleagues has a daughter who is a freshman studying theatre in Boston. I feel about Eleanor a BIT like how you feel about your grandmom role, in that you want to see them succeed, support them. I told her mom that in Eleanor I see me, but with more confidence, courage and grace than I had at that age. It's lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just great. She is darling. I also am a frustrated actress and wish my grandchildren would take to the stage. That would be great fun.

    Enjoy watching her performances!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your grauddaughter has so much personality and presence, and joy! My grandkids love to role-play, and I kinda hope that translates to some stage time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do believe a star is bein' born!!!

    You can just see the personality bubblin' outta that beautiful face!

    God bless and have a magnificent weekend sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, good for your granddaughter...it's wonderful to have a passion such as acting!thanks for sharing...she looks so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun! I miss going to things like that for my kids. But before you know it, I bet I will be going to things for the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How absolutely wonderful! She must be so happy when she sees you in the audience...

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a good grandma..Kyla loves to read my blog when she is here, and she especially loves to read about herself. I think that is such a great thing for Hope to get to be in these plays. Your right...she could decide she is done with it all at any given moment... but for now she loves it.
    I was thinking I should be a good Grandma and go to Avery's swim practice after school today. Hmmmm
    maybe (o:

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jeanie, I am your newest follower ^_^ and was guided to your blog by my dear friend Sandie at Chatty Crone. Your granddaughter is very talented, you must be very proud of her. Have a lovely Sunday!

    Eva

    ReplyDelete