Friday, April 24, 2009

Way to go, Susan

I know I'm a little slow with this since everyone has been writing, talking, blogging and wowing over Susan Boyle's sensational performance on Britain's Got Talent for a while now. I just want to add my "wow" to all the others. It was, without question, an incredible performance with the added wow factor in being so unexpected. The pathos of the song she sang made it even more compelling to me.

I'm sure, for me, the effect has been even greater because I cannot carry a tune. I love to sing, I know the words to almost every song in the world (at least the old ones), I think I have a singer's heart, but, I cannot carry a tune. Of all the talents I don't have, the ability to sing is the one I have always most wished for. There is definately not a Susan Boyle moment in my future.

For the heartwarming story she has brought into an often bad news world and for all of us that don't have the talent she has, I hope Susan Boyle gets to live her dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment