Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Am Glad I Have A Job

"Just be glad you have a job!"

I want to be clear....I am glad I have a job. I'm glad I have a job that I like. I am glad I work for a great company (almost always in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine's Best Places to work) and that I work with a great person. I am glad I have a job! That being made clear, I do occasionally have a rough day or a rough week at work and I may mumble a small complaint like "Boy, I had a rough day at work," or "I sure need a vacation," or some such minor grumble about working. Inevitably, in these tough times, any such statement is met with the same response....."Just be glad you have a job!" More than once when I have casually asked someone how their day is going the response has been, "Well, I'm just glad I have a job."

I am certainly not unaware of the struggles of those who have lost jobs and those who fear losing their jobs. I have been there and I could be there again. The jobless, without question, have reason to complain.

I truly hope things improve on that front soon, for those who need jobs, and in a much smaller way, for those of us who have jobs. It will be great for the time to come when complaining about our jobs can once again be in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment