Monday, March 23, 2009

Some things I wish I had know sooner..

One of my mothers favorite things to say was "live and learn," and I hope I have. One thing I have learned is that there are some things I wish I had learned sooner.....


How to take a compliment.

Being kind matters more than than being right.

If someone takes something out of the refrigerator and says, "smell this," don't!

That a healthy looking suntan is not really so healthy.

The difference between a defined benefits plan and a defined contribution plan...I really wish I had know this about 20 years ago.

People will still be nice to me, even if I'm not wearing any make-up.

The difference between good fats and bad fats.

Whatever we think kids know, they always know way more than we think they know.

If I've forgotten some one's name, it is okay to ask.

It isn't always my fault.

There are some people with whom I will never be totally comfortable.

Wasting time isn't always a waste of time.



Another one of my mother's favorite things to say was "pretty is as pretty does." There's a lot of learning in those few words.

No comments:

Post a Comment