Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Let The Summer Fun Begin



By the end of this week all of my school age grandkids will be done with school for the summer. Before summer can begin there have been lots of end-of-school activities tailor-made for a proud grandmom.

Jared finished 7th grade with all A's, an award for being the 7th grade math student of the 
year and several other awards.

Justin finished 5th grade as one of two 5th graders with all A's for the entire year.

Anna finished kindergarten with all the enthusiasm that she brings to everything she does.

Hope seemed a little pensive before the start of the 6th grade end of year orchestra concert,

but when it came time to play she did a great job.

I didn't get to attend an event for Wil who just finished 3rd grade but I hear he also has the math thing going on.

I also didn't get to attend EJ's end of kindergarten program but I did hear this good time girl told her teacher and her classmates that her plans for the summer are watching TV and drinking beer.



Let the summer fun begin

13 comments:

  1. Watching TV and drinking beer? That's my kind of Kindergartener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, what a great group of grands. I hope they, and you, have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love little EJ! I'm sure she meant ROOT beer - wink wink. :)

    My goodness gracious, dear Jeanie. You have every right to be proud of your crop of bright, talented and witty grandchildren. Congratulations to all of them on their magnificent accomplishments. I wish them all a safe and happy summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, EJ has my summer figured out! Honestly, she's great -- they all are. And I'm so glad you are able to check out many of their activities. That really makes it special for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great that your Grands have "the math gene"! Each one adorably cute and obviously very smart. "Watch TV and drink beer" - LOL!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL with EJ with drinking beer and watching TV, wonder where she got that from??? WTG for the achievements of your grandchildren! I hope you get to spend a lot of time with them this summer, Jeanie, and that the summer will be a safe one!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. With 12 snow days to make up, our schools have one more week to go before summer vacation officially begins. Got a baseball tournament this week-end and a dance competition in a couple of weeks. Love following the grand crew. Looks like yours will keep you busy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is just wonderful that you have so many grandkids. I have only two, but they are so precious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope they all have an awesome summer break!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Hope is the only one not in college now. So glad she will be my best pal this summer. You are fortunate to still get to enjoy so many.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let your summer begin - and congratulations to all the grands - I know you love them to death.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love seeing your grandkids doing so well.
    Here's hoping they have a fantastic summer filled with pics taken by their grandmother. (hint, hint ;-)
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are absolutely beautiful! I remember seeing pictures of them when they were smaller! Gosh...time flies!

    I'm glad your life is filled with the happiness of such special Grandlittles!

    ReplyDelete