Thank you to my friend Shady Del Knight at Shady Dell Music & Memories for choosing me as one of the bloggers with whom he is sharing an award given to him. The award is the Liebster blog award and according to Shady, Liebster is a German word that roughly translates as "dearest" . A visit to Shady's blog is a wonderful trip (and education) into the world of music and more.
Among the requirements of the award is to answer 11 questions posed by Shady and to reveal 11 facts about myself.
At the risk of entering TMI territory, here are Shady's questions and my answers, followed by 11 facts about me. (I'll try not to be too wordy)
Our dog, Dodger, a 50 pound guy who came to live with us when he was about a year old is not only a member of the family but pretty much the head of the house.
2. Would you rather read a good book or watch a good movie?
I read books a lot more often than I watch movies so I guess my choice is to read a good book.
3. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
Due to my recent obsession with the British TV show Doc Martin, it would be a dream come true for me to be able to visit the Cornish village where the show is filmed.
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
If a billion dollars landed in my lap I think the first thing I would do is call my attorney.
I actually think I would cope better with something in the millions than with a full billion.
5. If you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who and what would it be.
My blog friend Jeanie at The Marmelade Gypsy is so creative in so many ways. I would love to be able to watch her at work.
I don't get in bad moods very often, but planning something fun with friends or family is always a good way to cheer myself up.
And, er, well, uh....nice blog comment are always a good mood lifter. :)
7. What were you doing when you experienced the happiest moment of your life or felt most alive.
The births of my 7 grandchildren were definitely high points for me.
8. Would you rather be single and rich or married and poor?
Oh no, I think I will have to take the Fifth on this one. I can't think of any answer that would not tend to incriminate me.
9. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?
Doc and I met in sort of an unsavory way. A friend of his and a friend of mine were having an affair and without our knowledge were using us for "cover". We all ended up at Doc's house one night and it all came to light....it was very awkward and uncomfortable. It was several months before Doc and I even saw each other again.
10. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
This could be a long philosophical answer, but I think I will just be honest and say I really don't know.
11. If you could time travel, which decade or century would you most like to visit? Where in the world would you go? Would you want to stay in that place and time or return to the present?
There are many historical times that I would like to have a first hand view of like the royal courts of Henry VIII or Elizabeth I, or Imperial China, but I am sure I would want to quickly return to the present.
11 facts (or as close as I can recall to fact) about myself, in no particular order.
1. I used to write a weekly newspaper column. Blogging reminds me a lot of that, except without the paycheck or the large number of readers.
2. My youngest child was born in an elevator.
3. I was a Polio Pioneer....when I was in 2nd grade I was a part of the first group of children to receive the polio vaccine.
4. I thought that once I reached this age that I would be a lot more mature about some things than I have turned out to be.
5. The most fun job I ever had was being an associate producer for a radio talk show.
6. I do not like to shop.
7. I have been lazier since (mostly) retiring than I thought I would be.
8. If it weren't for being away from my family I would like to live in England or Mexico for a part of each year.
9. I drink way too much coffee.
10. I worry about staying relevant in the lives of my grandchildren as they get into their teenage years.
11. If I don't stop now and get this posted I am going to be late for lunch with a friend.
Thanks again, Shady, for sharing the Liebster award with me.