1. July 24th is Amelia Earhart Day. Earhart was the first female to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. What's something you've recently accomplished solo?
I'm not sure I can really call it an accomplishment, but I enjoy traveling solo sometimes. I have traveled to London by myself, to Mexico several times and to several cities in the U.S. I hope to go back to London by myself in the next year and then have my friend Patty join me to take the Chunnel to Paris.
2. What's one product you use that never ever fails?
I love that I can go to a Starbucks anywhere in the world and order my usual half-flavor skinny vanilla latte and know that it will be exactly what I want (though the prices vary).
3. Have you found your place in the world? Where is it?
As far as my physical place in the world, I have lived in Colorado for 30 years and will be happy to spend the rest of my life here. As to my place as a person, I am very happy being a mother, grandmother, partner and friend to the people in my life.
4. Worst movie you ever saw?
In the early 1960s my cousin and I used to visit my grandmother in a small town. There was one movie theater in town and we usually saw whatever was showing at that theater at least three times during the week. One summer the movie was Circus of Horrors, a movie about a circus in which the performers were all people with horrible facial disfigurement. However "horror"ful the movie was, it had a beautiful theme song called "Look For A Star".
5. What's the last fun thing you did?
Just a few minutes ago I booked tickets for Doc and I to go to Las Vegas with friends in October. The actual booking wasn't that fun, but it is always fun for me to have a trip with friends to look forward to.
6. The month of July is named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar...ever been to Rome? What's your favorite Italian dish?
I have been to Rome and would love to go back. I can't say I have a favorite Italian dish but I can always find something I really like at a good Italian restaurant.
7. What is one piece of advice you'd offer new mom Kate Middleton?
I think Kate will have more than enough advice. I just hope she will be given privacy to enjoy her new baby.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Whether you are a weekly participant or just an occasional one, like me, I think we all owe Joyce a a big
THANK YOU for hosting Wednesday Hodgepodge every week.